[tor-project] Anti-censorship meeting notes, 25 April 2019
phw at torproject.org
Thu Apr 25 17:44:05 UTC 2019
Here are our meeting logs:
Here is our meeting pad:
ANTI-CENSORSHIP work meeting pad
Next meeting: Thursday April 25th 17:00 UTC
Weekly meetings every Thursday 17:00 UTC on #tor-meeting at OFTC
(channel is logged while meetings are in progress).
== Goal of this meeting ==
Weekly checkin about the status of anti-censorship work at Tor.
Coordinate collaboration between people/teams on anti-censorship at Tor.
== Links to Useful documents ==
THE Anti-censorship Roadmap (kanban board):
<-- a subset of tasks from trac that the team is working on. (There is a
bug in wekan, what we use for the board, that make it hard to load. You
have to click in 'all boards' and then in the board to get it to load)
Roadmap by topic:
Roger's thoughts on anti-censorship's priorities:
Komlo's thoughts on anti-censorship's plan:
PTO Calendar: Ask gaba for the link and keep it up to date with when you
are not going to be around.
---- 25th April 2019 ----
== Announcements ==
* FTE is about to be retired: <https://bugs.torproject.org/29319>
* We will have to discontinue its support in BridgeDB.
* What else is affected?
== Discussion ==
* Code that needs review:
* The TapDance researchers are eager about the idea of making a
* TapDance pluggable transport for Tor
* The infrastructure is already there (deployed on routers at
* Merit ISP and UColorado)
* It's already been stress-tested with ~10,000 Psiphon users at
* a time
* The client is written in Go already and the dependencies
* shouldn't cause problems
== Actions ==
== Updates ==
- What you worked on last week.
- What you are planning to work on next week (related to
- Something you may need help with.
This week (2019-04-25):
- Discussed GetTor roadmap with gaba and hiro.
- Filed https://bugs.torproject.org/30247 to better understand
- Filed https://bugs.torproject.org/30264 to discuss how to proceed
with default bridges.
- We may want to add more default bridges. Some are saturated,
- Cohosh suggested to use potential new default bridges for
- Started writing code for https://bugs.torproject.org/9316 to
export BridgeDB metrics.
- Mostly finished https://bugs.torproject.org/28655
- Estimated how many bridges would be affected by this patch.
- Sent BridgeDB logs to Karsten, so he can propose a metrics format.
- Metrics team currently overloaded. This is on hold for a few
- Tried to understand the NewNode protocol.
- Helped with revising new anti-censorship proposal.
- Will be on vacation all week. Cohosh will run the meeting on
- Feedback on
- Is the data collection method safe and sound?
- I plan to approach the research safety board with this too.
If review is ok, planning to deploy tomorrow.
* discussed gettor roadmap and include it in the anti-censorship
This week (04/25):
* helping with new anti-censorship proposal for sponsor to work
* on bridges (it will require a security audit for the code)
ahf (might be missing the meeting as I'm at a BornHack meeting)
Last week (2019/4/18):
- Talked with cohosh about remaining tasks to finish for
- Send feedback to Kat about report #2.
- Mostly off due to Easter holiday here in DK.
This week (2019/4/25):
- Got Hiro setup with Gitlab too, she got the remaining LDAP
sync to work.
- Preparing for handover for cohosh of #29207/29206.
- Less network team things this week it seems.
kat5 (will miss the meeting Apr 25):
Last week (April 15):
- queries re: author list
This week (April 22):
- There is a GetTor roadmap! Yay!
- Adding GetTor content from the rodamap
- AMP cache prototyping
- posted a patch for meek-client-torbrowser termination
- reported a bug about Tor Browser starting two copies of meek
- commented on disk space monitoring plans (#29863)
- commented on BridgeDB statistics (#9316)
- Metrics Timeline maintenance
- merge uTLS for meek-client (#29077)
- AMP cache prototyping
- remove serene's accounts from snowflake commit/admin
- review on meek-client-torbrowser exit behavior (#25613/#15152,
cecylia (cohosh): last updated 2019-04-25
- got caught up by sukhe on windows snowflake build (#25483)
- started looking into the firefox webrtc API
- talked more about disk space monitoring (#29863)
- started dogfooding
- went to decoy routing meeting and talked with them about
making a TapDance PT for Tor
- take a look at metrics team notes on #21315
- revise proxy geoip patch (#29734)
- continue with windows build problem (#25483)
- work on client connectivity issues (#30258)
- continue snowflake dog food
- review of #15125 and #25613
week of 4/11 (planned):
- more sponsor31 work; maybe also #29976 as prep work for more
bootstrap reporting improvements
week of 4/11 (actual):
- handed off #29276 (Make a release of BridgeDB) to phw
- more sponsor31 work (control-fmt review #30091; control-proto
- travel logistics
week of 4/18 (planned):
- mostly sponsor31 stuff
week of 4/18 (actual):
- reviewing #30091 (sponsor31 control-cmd refactor)
week of 4/25 (planned):
- more sponsor31 work
- maybe get back into #29976 (hook up bootstrap to pubsub) and
#27104 (intermediate application circuit bootstrap progress)
- snowflake webextension
More information about the tor-project