[tor-project] S27: Onion Services project - Meeting notes

Pili Guerra pili at torproject.org
Fri Apr 5 14:19:42 UTC 2019

Hi everyone,

We had a meeting this week to start mapping out our work for the S27 (Onion Services) project. Here's a recap and the outcomes and action items from our conversation.

Network team

- Will start working on Objective 2, Activity 2: Notify users about typo errors when entering .onion addresses (https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/30022) to solve any potential browser team dependencies in this area.
- asn to contact Bill (EFF) and Jenn (Securedrop) to start coordinating work on Objective 2, Activity 5: POC for Human-memorable addresses for .onion services (https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/30029) and start planning future collaboration/work in this area
- Next priority after this will be Objective 2, Activity 4: Better client-side errors (https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/30025)

Browser Team

- Will start working on Objective 2, Activity 1: Integrating client-side authorization to onion services v3 (https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/30000) as soon as the work on TBB 8.5 blockers is completed
- We will also need to contact CF and/or FB regarding their use of alt-svc to check whether there are any bugs that need fixing to provide an optimal experience.

Feel free to update any incorrect details and/or continue this conversation here.

You can find the full conversation logs here: http://meetbot.debian.net/tor-meeting/2019/tor-meeting.2019-04-02-15.01.log.html

Thanks!

Pili

—
Project Manager: Tor Browser, UX and Community teams
pili at torproject dot org
gpg 3E7F A89E 2459 B6CC A62F 56B8 C6CB 772E F096 9C45