[tor-project] August Communications Report

Stephanie A. Whited steph at torproject.org
Thu Sep 13 16:29:43 UTC 2018

Hello Tor!

In August, the team spent time improving aspects of our newsletter,
including making the unsubscribe and opt-out functions clearer. We also
worked on copy for the TBA and TB8 releases, and Steph has been working
with Isa and Antonela on the new website.

Steph led a media training at LFI and a 2nd Tor session at CS4CS, a
cybersecurity program for high school women (thanks to gman999 for
support and Yin for coordinating).

Roger and Steph went to DEF CON. Roger’s AMA was allowed to go long
because it was so engaging, and we picked up some donations. Attendees
asked why we didn’t have a booth, so we definitely want to next year!
Mark your calendars if you want to help (we’ll need a group of committed
folks for our booth): August 8-11, 2019 in Las Vegas. We’re also in
talks to create a Tor badge for next year.

August in links and stats:

Blog posts
https://blog.torproject.org/pune-meetup-privacy-tools-and-technologies
https://blog.torproject.org/tor-friends-and-relay-operators-meetup-berlin