[tor-project] Notes from November 29 2018 Vegas team meeting

Karsten Loesing karsten at torproject.org
Fri Nov 30 09:07:13 UTC 2018

Notes for November 29 2018 meeting:

Georg:
1) About to kick off a build that could be the next alpha release (we
got delayed due to last minute mobile issues)
2) Read the Sponsor9 report draft and added a bunch of comments

Antonela:
1) All Hands internal sync and prep.
2) UX/UI meeting scheduled at All Hands.
3) Reviewed S9 Report.
4) Met with gus and Indian folks to organize our next year travel.
5) #28628 Working with Dunqan on Security Settings Onboarding.
6) #28329 TBA + Orbot - Working on an ideal userflow and some
intermediate versions for progressive implementation.
7) Did an OONI Explorer design review. Elio is working on a new
iteration this week and I worked on a sitemap to organize the navigation.
8) Community.tpo kickoff 2 will happen this Friday.
9) Hiro will present onion services at dockerconeurope18 next week.
10) Added Snowflake webextension UI to the UX team roadmap for December
after the kickoff meeting ran by ahf this week.
11) Jon will order stickers for the new TB icon *__*

Karsten:
1) Made good progress on CollecTor requirements document and Python/Stem
prototype.
2) Split up metrics-web's legacy module into more maintainable parts
(#28116).
3) Released Onionoo 7.0-1.19.0 that updates to MaxMind's GeoLite2 format
for the ASN database (#28254).
4) Prepared graphs for possible metrics-team blog post for the EOY campaign.
5) Discussed various graphs on Tor Metrics with teor and/or antonela.

Steph:
1) EOY blog editing, social media
2) Tor News going out tomorrow
3) will be at Mozilla All-Hands next week
4) The Berkeley Group is giving us their final presentation on Monday
5) Coordinating interviews for Isa
6) Responded to a press inquiry with help from Georg and Roger
7) Finishing press package for LFI grads
8) We did not get a stand at FOSDEM. So we are looking into possibly
sharing with another org. If you know an org that got in that we could
ask, let me know.

Nick:
1) Going to Mozilla thing next week
2) Release schedule is up in the air with Tor: depends on how bugs shake
out, and on getting earlier versions into users' hands.
3) Team is focused on wrapping up sponsor8.

Mike:
1) Finishing/finished up datagram paper with Nick and Chelsea. Not sure
where we're posting it.
2) Otherwise working on Sponsor2

isabela:
1) Presented at GNUHealth Conference - Tor received an award for our
work on privacy and security and how it helps w/ people health (having
privacy to search about your health etc) and how it can improve security
of healthcare systems
2) Working on Sida's reports (met with Sida today)
3) Organizing for Mozilla's All Hands next week
4) Writing blog posts for YE campaign (and emails about me starting
officially as ED)
5) Will give an interview today to cyberspook (arranged by steph)
6) Trying to catch up with a lot of emails and to do list items that are
delayed due to travels

Sarah:
1) YE Campaign and Giving Tuesday - emails, blogs, and social media have
generated over $7,000 so far
2) Will be in Berkeley Monday for The Berkeley Group's presentation on
Monday
3) Will be in the Seattle office Tuesday and Wednesday of next week
4) Al working several pieces of several reports and proposals
5) Will take pictures of the traveling onion in DC and San Francisco
this weekend

Roger:
1) We sent our Sponsor19 report1. Early feedback is that they liked it!
2) What would we like to write about for the next Sponsor19 report? I
figure the first one was for them, and the second one should be for us.
Let's write about something useful to us -- what should it be?
3) I'm all set with the 2016 / 2017 financial document blog post. Let me
know if anything needs fixing.
4) I will be away more than usual the next week and a half, since I need
to do my Usenix Security reviews, and since I'll be at Mozlando.

Arturo:
1) Working on better integration testing for ooni/orchestra
2) Working on integrating Psiphon test into Measurement Kit
3) Moving forward with OONI Explorer development and mockups
4) OONI Probe mobile 2.0.0 beta is ready for being translated on
transifex: https://www.transifex.com/otf/ooniprobe/dashboard/ &
https://github.com/ooni/translations/blob/master/Guidelines.md
5) Maria wrote OONI blog post for the Tor Strength in Numbers blog series
6) Anticensorship dev hire interviews

Sue:
1) Working on Sida Financial Report
2) In Seattle working with Millicent
3) Working with Auditors on Audit Report
4) Closing October and November to Invoice Funders

Gaba:
1) Anticensorship interviews
2) OONI following up
3) Snowflake/network team roadmap
4) Conversation with Bekeela on reports and following on tracking sponsors.
5) OTF more changes to the onion services proposal -
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-mU2rcFsZZ6-vItEkp9gZDktt28PjrK6-sKRQxQ9pno/edit#

Pili:
1) Almost finished with Sida Phase 1 report
2) Started looking at Sponsor 8 Q4/Final report
3) Visual Identity Exercise Part 2

Alison:
1) LFI cohort 1 ends this week <3. Now working on recruitment and
feedback and all that.
2) Preparing to go to Mozilla All-Hands next week. Will be checking in
with their community team among others.
3) Helped with SIDA report
4) Working on Tor visual identity brainstorming
5) Gus is coordinating with new S9 partners
6) updated blog comment policy (still needs work but please review)
https://pad.riseup.net/p/blog-comment-policy
7) still working on LF website redesign
8) still working on community portal outreach materials