[tor-project] Decommissioning siv.sunet.se

teor teor at riseup.net
Fri Nov 30 02:43:53 UTC 2018

> On 29 Nov 2018, at 23:56, juga <juga at riseup.net> wrote:
>
> teor:
>>

>>> On 28 Nov 2018, at 10:26, Vasilis <andz at torproject.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Vasilis:

>>> Are the requirements in
>>> https://gitweb.torproject.org/sbws.git/tree/INSTALL.rst#n57
>>> still accurate?
>>
>> The bandwidth requirements are slightly less than they used
>> to be, because we turned off some optional features, and
>> changed the scaling algorithm.
>>
>> You could probably use a 100 Mbits connection.
>
> Should the file server have the same upstream that the scanner?.

The file server should be able to serve at the peak capacity of all
the scanner threads using it.

If there is one file sever and one scanner, then the file server's
upload should be about the same as the scanner's download.

If multiple scanners use the same server, split the server's bandwidth
between them.

If a scanner uses multiple servers, add the servers' bandwidths.

> Which upstream have other bwauths?.
> longclaw's scanner is 1Gbit/s.

I don't know. I don't have a list of all the bandwidth scanner configs.