[tor-project] Decommissioning siv.sunet.se

Tom Ritter tom at ritter.vg
Thu Nov 29 05:54:04 UTC 2018

On Thu, 29 Nov 2018 at 03:49, Vasilis <andz at torproject.org> wrote:

> teor:
> >> On 28 Nov 2018, at 10:26, Vasilis <andz at torproject.org> wrote:
> >>
> >> Vasilis:

> >> Are the requirements in
> >> https://gitweb.torproject.org/sbws.git/tree/INSTALL.rst#n57
> >> still accurate?
> >
> > The bandwidth requirements are slightly less than they used
> > to be, because we turned off some optional features, and
> > changed the scaling algorithm.
> >
> > You could probably use a 100 Mbits connection.
>
> I can provide a dedicated server with these requirements in a university
> environment. I can roll a test version and maintain it if we decide that is useful.

That would be awesome.  A HTTPS webserver with a self-signed
certificate is sufficient, serving files generated like so:

for i in 64 32 16 8 4 2 1; do
  dd if=/dev/urandom of=./${i}M bs=1k count=`expr $i \* 1024`
done

for i in 512 256 128 64 32 16; do
  dd if=/dev/urandom of=./${i}k bs=1k count=$i
done

Let me know the IP or hostname and I will switch over to it. (If you
have an ETA on when it would be available, that would be great too; so
Linus can decide if he wants to decommission before then and I can
temporarily use fastly or something.)

-tom