[tor-project] Decommissioning siv.sunet.se

teor teor at riseup.net
Wed Nov 21 04:15:17 UTC 2018

Dear bandwidth authority operators,

> On 20 Nov 2018, at 23:37, Linus Nordberg <linus at sunet.se> wrote:
>
> However, judging from its web server logs, several systems on the
> internet are pulling bwauth files form siv. If you are running one of
> these systems, please let me know how badly you need to continue doing
> this and for how long.

If you can, please use different servers for your bandwidth files.

If multiple operators are using the same server, then it becomes a single
point of failure for the bandwidth measurement system.

Similarly, try not to use servers that depend on torproject.org, because
then the tor project DNS becomes a single point of failure.

Thanks for your hard work!