[tor-project] Decommissioning siv.sunet.se

Linus Nordberg linus at sunet.se
Tue Nov 20 13:37:29 UTC 2018

Hi,

Once upon a time, siv.sunet.se helped measuring the performance of the
Tor network [0]. The hardware siv is running on was also hosting one of
the bandwidth authoritites [1] for many years. Now that computer has
grown old and tired so I thought I'd just take it offline and let it
rest for a bit.

However, judging from its web server logs, several systems on the
internet are pulling bwauth files form siv. If you are running one of
these systems, please let me know how badly you need to continue doing
this and for how long.

[0] https://metrics.torproject.org/torperf.html
[1] https://metrics.torproject.org/totalcw.html