[tor-project] October Fundraising Report

sstevenson at torproject.org sstevenson at torproject.org
Fri Nov 9 20:44:49 UTC 2018

The fundraising team was very busy in October!

We attended the Mexico meeting and wrote a blog  <https://blog.torproject.org/reflections-tor-meeting-newbie>about my experience.

Launched YE campaign - Strength in Numbers <https://blog.torproject.org/strength-numbers-double-your-donation-mozillas-match>. With Mozilla’s match, we’ve raised $100,000 so far!
Thanks to Antonela and the Tor Browser team, especially Arthur and Georg, for creating and implementing the series of banners that are seen in Tor Browser.
Thanks to Steph for pushing the campaign out on social media and in Tor News. We are excited to see a good amount of traffic to the donate page coming from Mastodon.
Thanks to hiro and emmapeel for translating and implementing changes to the banner on torproject.org and donate.torproject.org.
Thanks to Jon for being the swag guru.
Thanks to Karsten and Iain for monitoring the metrics.

Attended DRL Implementers’ Meeting in DC - learned about how some other organizations function and talked about how we can all collaborate.

Connected with fundraisers at a lot of nonprofits to crowdsource information on accepting different types of cryptocurrency.

Al has been writing. A lot.
A proposal for our anti-censorship work will be submitted today. Many thanks to everyone who has worked on this.
A proposal for code modularization is also about to be submitted.
Next week, we’ll send out a letter to family foundations.

Have a great weekend!
Sarah

Sarah Stevenson
Fundraising Director
The Tor Project
sstevenson at torproject.org

Public Key: 93B3 AC08 4257 FA3D D4BB 8E95 CC08 5DBA C015 612A