[tor-project] Tor Browser team meeting notes, Nov 5 2018

Georg Koppen gk at torproject.org
Tue Nov 6 10:00:00 UTC 2018

emmapeel at torproject.org:

> Georg Koppen:
>>     - We are embedding tor button within tor browser, should we ship it
>> with all locales? (GeKo: I think for now let's just go with en-US and we
>> can think about adding locales as we go)
>
> Could you please clarify: do you mean that we will not ship this
> translated? That the button will come in English?
>
> What I want to know is:
>
> Will the users be able to download the Tor Browser on the current
> locales, only this button will not be translated?

We'll ship everything translated as soon as we can. What that comment
means is that the first step integrating Torbutton into the browser part
directly is probably best done just focusing on en-US, as we do right
now and as we only have an en-US version at the moment anyway.

This gets expanded as soon as we have a functioning Torbutton in the
browser code base directly which then provides Torbutton functionality
in other locales as well.

Georg