[tor-project] Proposal for the people page: Pronouns

Matthew Finkel matthew.finkel at gmail.com
Fri May 18 23:09:44 UTC 2018

On Fri, May 18, 2018 at 02:32:17PM -0500, Taylor Yu wrote:
> On 05/17/2018 10:31 AM, Tom Ritter wrote:
> > There's a lot of us and many folks (or maybe just me) haven't met most
> > people or are otherwise unsure about pronouns.
> >
> > Put them on the people page? Good idea? Bad idea? Too public?
>
> Thanks for suggesting this!
>
> I am in favor of displaying pronouns on the people page.  I also think
> it's very important to make it obvious that they're optional.  I would
> encourage cisgender people to display their pronouns if they feel
> comfortable doing so, because that helps to normalize the practice.

I agree. All the information on the people page is currently optional
anyway (including being listed, at all), so adding another piece of
optional information like this shouldn't be a problem.

I'm in favor of adding this. It is especially useful for new community
members, in addition to long-time contributors who simply haven't had
the opportunity of meeting everyone.