[tor-project] Proposal for the people page: Pronouns

Tom Ritter tom at ritter.vg
Fri May 18 21:33:10 UTC 2018

On 18 May 2018 at 15:39, Griffin <griffin at cryptolab.net> wrote:
> I find these without context to be very clunky. A brief bio of "Griffin does
> xyz and in his spare time plays jazz keytar" flows much better and better
> represents the richness of one's life. I'm slightly biased on this issue as
> I'm very visibly trans. While people will naturally make assumptions about
> my gender/sex (no big deal), some focus on that particular piece of my life
> instead of what I'm actually doing.

No I think someone 'biased' (you're not biased, you're impacted by
this and therefore have a weighty opinion) is exactly what I was
hoping to solicit.

I think you're right; I think it would be better if we could amend the
brief bios we have there to (optionally) include a pronoun.

Some of _those_ become a little clunky depending on how we do it.
Does anyone have suggestions for how to change 'Tor Browser
developer.' for example?  "They are a Tor Browser developer." seems a
bit odd. "Bob is Tor Browser developer, and his interests/experience
include blah"?

-tom