[tor-project] Proposal for the people page: Pronouns

Taylor Yu catalyst at torproject.org
Fri May 18 19:32:17 UTC 2018

On 05/17/2018 10:31 AM, Tom Ritter wrote:
> There's a lot of us and many folks (or maybe just me) haven't met most
> people or are otherwise unsure about pronouns.
>
> Put them on the people page? Good idea? Bad idea? Too public?

Thanks for suggesting this!

I am in favor of displaying pronouns on the people page.  I also think
it's very important to make it obvious that they're optional.  I would
encourage cisgender people to display their pronouns if they feel
comfortable doing so, because that helps to normalize the practice.

As one example, I did notice that our friends at Outreachy have what
seem to be optional pronouns on their interns page:

https://www.outreachy.org/alums/

Best regards,
-Taylor