[tor-project] February User issues and bugs spreadsheet

Parinishtha Yadav parinishtha07 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 16:11:04 UTC 2018

Hello everyone!

Here is the spreadsheet link with issues picked up from
February: https://storm.torproject.org/shared/bRjgIahGLgu7fxTKPUDiJhXz2kze0LfQaGvpAykCFmK
<https://storm.torproject.org/shared/bRjgIahGLgu7fxTKPUDiJhXz2kze0LfQaGvpAykCFmK> (The
spreadsheet also contains records of progress on older issues from
Nov/Dec'17 and Jan'18. Please navigate to the fourth and fifth sheet for
Feb'18.)

These issues have been picked up from various different sources like
IRC, blog comments, stack exchange, reddit and RT. Feel free to reach
out to me in case there are any updates/feedback on the issues listed.

*A brief overview of the updates and progress on issues from January'17
spreadsheet:*

1. There has been great response coming in from users for the relay
operators guide.

2. Tickets created/ work underway:

  * #25112 <https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/25112>: Tor
    Browser 7.5 is not working on Windows Vista 64bit
  * #20301
    <https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/20301>: Bumping the
    compiler version to 6.2.0 breaks 64bit Tor Browser builds
  * #24197
    <https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/24197>: Building
    Windows 64 Firefox with the sandbox enabled fails

3. Based on user queries from the past month and correspondence received
from the browser team, guidance for using security slider and other
settings being added to support portal by the community team.

*Themes in the February'18 sheet:*

Tor Browser 8.0a2 was released and there are some bugs around that.
Apart from this, some general queries on installing and connecting,
browsing and running relays.

*PS: I will be holding a small session on i**nsights on user
issues *during the Rome meeting, *where I'll be discussing some
important themes and user problems that I've come across**. Anyone
interested can join in! :)*

Best,
Pari
‌