[tor-project] Tor blocked in Venezuela

Maria Xynou maria at openobservatory.org
Fri Jun 22 08:30:32 UTC 2018

Indeed +1 David, I couldn't agree more.

Perhaps the following (or something of the sort) can be used for
outreach purposes (e.g. on Twitter):

#Venezuela: To connect to Tor and circumvent censorship:

1. Download Tor Browser:
https://www.torproject.org/download/download-easy.html.es

2. Click "Just give me bridges!": https://bridges.torproject.org/options

3. Copy the bridges

4. Configure Tor Browser to connect with bridges

5. Paste your bridges in the "Enter custom bridges" section

6. Connect to Tor!

or

2. Email bridges at torproject.org

3. Configure Tor Browser to connect with bridges

4. Add your bridges in the "Enter custom bridges" section

5. Connect to Tor!

Perhaps the above could be 2 separate tweets, each including a relevant
screenshot attached.

More comprehensive steps and screenshots are available in the Tor
browser guides here: https://securityinabox.org/en/ (though they're
quite outdated)

Perhaps it would be good to have a blog post that explains how to get
custom bridges (if that doesn't already exist)? It would then be good to
have that blog post translated to multiple languages (particularly
Spanish and Arabic), so that it can easily/quickly be used for outreach
purposes.

Cheers,

Maria.

--