[tor-project] Tor blocked in Venezuela

Arturo Filastò art at torproject.org
Fri Jun 22 07:45:15 UTC 2018

On 21 June 2018 at 20:11:45, Roger Dingledine (arma at mit.edu) wrote:
> I've been working with a person in #tor for the past few days, to
> try various configurations. My current best guess is that cantv is
> blocking by IP address only, and not doing DPI. It is blocking many of
> the public relay IP addresses, and it is blocking the default (built
> in to Tor Browser) obfs4 bridges. But obfs4 bridges from bridgedb work,
> and also vanilla bridges from bridgedb work.
>
> That means it would be worthwhile for the OONI folks to do TCP
> reachability checks of all of the IP:ports for the Tor fallbackdir list.

We currently test the set of default dir auths, but I don’t think we test the fallbackdir list.

Here is the list of Tor related addresses we currently check for:

https://github.com/OpenObservatory/ooni-resources/blob/master/bridge_reachability/tor-bridges-ip-port.csv

A pull request with the fallback dirs (or even just a email diff) would be gladly merged!