[tor-project] UX Team Report - May 2018

Antonela Debiasi tor at antonela.me
Wed Jun 20 00:20:26 UTC 2018

Hello Tor!

The Community and the UX Team visited the beautiful Kampala last month.
We met old and new Tor users from all over Uganda. Our experience with
local communities allowed us to spread Tor's world there and helped us
to talk directly with users to improve our product's usability. We ran
Tor trainings, threat modeling, a user needs discovery activities and
conducted user testing for the new browser's improvements. Thanks to our
awesome community members who provided critical logistics and
translation support. Juliet, Tayfor, Karen, Neema, and Robert thanks for
making it possible!

We were working hard with the Application Team for our next Tor Browser
release both for desktop and mobile. Thanks to the development team, we
have nightly builds running again. It will help us to start testing our
collaborative user testing workflow where the people in our community
can test specific UX improvements and report them directly to the UX team.

We were at Mozilla All Hands last week. We are collaborating to offer a
better, private and safe browsing experience.

On infra side, we started migrating the newsletter to Lektor and
styleguide so it can be static. Also, the new support portal is about to
launch at support.torproject.org, so stay tuned!

On behalf of the Tor UX team,
Antonela

*Cool Things*
- Hiro wrote about how you can browse the internet privately without
corporate trackers lurking around you ->
https://blog.torproject.org/dont-let-facebook-or-any-tracker-follow-you-web
- We are preparing ourselves for Mexico Dev Meeting with a bunch of cool
activities for Product, UX and UI designers who are going to be there!
- "A lack of information often equates to a lack of control". Excellent
article about system's feedback from NNGroup →
https://www.nngroup.com/articles/visibility-system-status