[tor-project] Notes from June 14 2018 Vegas team meeting

Karsten Loesing karsten at torproject.org
Fri Jun 15 09:19:21 UTC 2018

Notes for June 14 2018 meeting:

Nick:
1) Might be late/absent depending on morning schedule; will try to read
and respond to backlog and notes.
2) New releases out; 0.3.4 is on its way to stabilizing
3) If there's something you need the network team to do this year,
please make sure we know about it! (Getting Isa involved would be wise).

Shari:
1) Lots of personnel stuff. We're about to make an offer to a new
localization coordinator, job posting is up for fundraising director,
job postings are about to go up for 2 project managers, looking at
possible grant writers. Busy time!
2) Working on 2018-2019 budget for next week's board meeting.
3) Planning continues for the Mexico City meeting. We're trying to be
more careful with our spending, so I'm the first step in all travel
approval. Trying not to be a bottleneck.
4) Grant proposals move along. Submitted for Ford/Sloan research grant,
asked for full proposal from OTF, interesting support possibilities for
anti-censorship work.

Alison:
1) Mexico City planning!
2) LFI is underway!
3) Colin is planning the PETS meetup!
4) Gus is working on lots of outreach including more sponsor9 planning!

Georg:
1) We did emergency releases over the weekend (Tor Browser 7.5.5 and 8.0a8)
2) We have working Windows Tor Browser builds based on Firefox ESR60,
and sorting the last things out to get the nightly builds for them going
as well; we are still on track for the first alpha based on ESR60 in
less than two weeks
3) Coordination with other teams for the Tor Browser 8 and Tor Browser
for Android launch
4) Shari: Where are we with the IRC coordination plan for the domain
fronting follow-ups? [Georg: This got postponed a bit due to other
high-prio stuff but it's still planned to get to it]