[tor-project] Reviving The Discussion: Crowdsourcing some guidelines for what it means to make a web site "Tor-friendly"

Iain Learmonth irl at torproject.org
Fri Jun 1 14:17:55 UTC 2018

Hi,

On 29/05/18 22:29, silvia [hiro] wrote:
> I have seen you mention that vector images do not render (SVG), so the
> appropriate media queries and image qualities should be used instead -
> maybe this is actually something we could implement in our styleguide
> and could benefit other people directly.

The "tor-icons" set contains PNGs for exactly this reason, and PNGs are
used not webfonts in Relay Search. It would be great if someone could do
the CSS that allowed us to use these PNGs as if they were webfonts when
writing HTML (i.e. just adding the CSS classes).

Ideally you could choose one or the other CSS file and then it would
give you either PNGs or the webfonts but not require any other changes.

Thanks,
Iain.