[tor-project] Network team meeting notes, 30 July 2018

teor teor at riseup.net
Tue Jul 31 06:15:49 UTC 2018

Hi,

My notes were left out, because I did them before we archived last week’s notes.

I’ve added them below:

> On 31 Jul 2018, at 07:29, Nick Mathewson <nickm at torproject.org> wrote:
>
> Hi!  We had a short meeting today.  You can see the logs at
>
>  http://meetbot.debian.net/tor-meeting/2018/tor-meeting.2018-07-30-16.58.html
>
> and the notes below:
>
> = Network team meeting pad! =
>

> Welcome to our meeting! Mondays at 1700 UTC on #tor-meeting on OFTC.
>
> (This channel is logged while meetings are in progress.)
>
> Want to participate?  Awesome!  Here's what to do:
>    1. If you have updates, enter them below, under your name.
>    2. If you see anything you want to talk about in your updates, put
> them in boldface!
>    3. Show up to the IRC meeting and say hi!
>
> Note the meeting location: #tor-meeting on OFTC!
> (See https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-project/2017-September/001459.html
> for background.)
>
> After each week's meetings, the contents of this pad will be sent to
> tor-project @ lists.torproject.org.  After that is done, the pad can
> be used for the next week.
>

> == Previous notes ==
> 11 June: https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-project/2018-June/001828.html
> 18 June: https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-project/2018-June/001835.html
> 25 June: https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-project/2018-July/001863.html
> 2 July: https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-project/2018-July/001866.html
> 9 July: https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-project/2018-July/001884.html
> 16 July: https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-project/2018-July/001888.html
> 23 July: https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-project/2018-July/001926.html
>
> == Stuff to do every week =
>
> * Let's check and update the roadmap.  What's done, and what's coming up?
>
> url to roadmap:
> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ufrun1khEo5Cwd6OwngERn829wU3W3eskdrriaYfUBQ/edit#gid=856122210yy
>
> * Check reviewer assignments at
> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ufrun1khEo5Cwd6OwngERn829wU3W3eskdrriaYfUBQ/edit#gid=95993070
>
> * Also, let's check for things we need update on our spreadsheet!  Are
> there important documents we should link to?  Things we should
> archive?
>
> * Check rotations at
> https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/org/teams/NetworkTeam/TeamRotations
>
> * Community guides, it's time to hand off to the next guide!
>
> * Let's look at proposed tickets!  [but see discussion]
> https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/query?status=accepted&status=assigned&status=merge_ready&status=needs_information&status=needs_review&status=needs_revision&status=new&status=reopened&keywords=~035-roadmap-proposed&max=200&col=id&col=summary&col=milestone&col=status&col=type&col=priority&col=component&order=priority
>
> == Reminders ==
>
> * Remember to "/me status: foo" at least once daily.
> * Remember that our current code reviews should be done by end-of-week.
> [...]

teor (offline):
   last week:

       - I was on coverity/CI rotation, here's what happened:
         - coverity appears up to date, the backlog is waiting on #26890
         - Travis and Appveyor CI intermittent failures are fixed (#26787, #26830, #26853)
         - macOS CI for Core Tor is in needs_review (#24629)
       - Can someone (arma?) help me assign sponsors to these tickets?
         - Do we have a list of current open sponsors?
         - bwauth mentoring and fixes (#25925, specifically #26851 and children)
         - Send ed25519 link auth keys in HSv3 only when supported (#26627)
         - TBB old macOS support (#26876)
       - PrivCount in Tor: blinding and encryption (#25669 and children)
       - prop#295 - improved relay crypto (#26886 and children)
       - prop#288 - authenticated sendme (#26288 and children)
       - New reviews & review backlog (#26890, #26892, #26647)
       - Booked Mexico travel
       - Set up timesheets & expenses
   this week:
       - Work on PrivCount in Tor blinding and secret sharing branch (#25669)
         - work out what to do about Rust i128 miscompilation
       - I'm on design meetings this week
         Here are the current proposal statuses:
         https://gitweb.torproject.org/torspec.git/tree/proposals/000-index.txt#n222
         - We did a lot of work on prop#288 and prop#295 last week
         - Here's some upcoming proposals that I'm aware of:
           - PrivCount in Tor: Noise Allocation (part of #25153)
           - A consensus flavour without SHA1 and RSA (ticket?)
           - IPv6 Relay-to-Relay Extends (#24404)
         - Which current proposals need a meeting to move forward?
         - Are there any other proposal ideas?
   eventually:
       - Implement PrivCount in Tor noise generation (#26637, maybe #26398)
       - Reduce my revision backlog