[tor-project] services updates - june 2018

silvia [hiro] hiro at torproject.org
Mon Jul 23 13:47:12 UTC 2018

Hi,
here is the service report for June.

Continuing translation work for support portal. We have been working on
translations via transifex and we now have the PO files build within
Lektor.

 Newsletter is being built via Lektor now and uses the Tor Styleguide.

Trac status update
As you all know trac has been having issues for a while now. In the last
month I have been implementing a few configuration options as described
in: ​https://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracPerformance
More specifically I have set:

  * max_daysback: 30 (It was set to 90 days before and this is known to
    cause issues with trac installation with 'some history' like ours)

  * use_chunked_encoding: true

Also Teor started a Trac permissions cleanup. Thanks Teor for this! I
went I bit further and cleaned up a few more not really needed groups. I
think now everything will be easier to follow.

I have also restricted cypherpunks powers following the vandalism of the
last few days. I think this is a temporary middle ground till things are
quieter.

Talk soon,
-hiro