[tor-project] Community Team December update

Alison Macrina alison at torproject.org
Thu Jan 11 22:48:17 UTC 2018

Hello Tor World,

Here's an update from the Community Team for December!

December 2017 Community Team report

Meeting notes December 2017
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/org/teams/CommunityTeam#CurrentTeamDiscussions

December was a short, but still productive month!

Support
We finalized the copy that will go into the support portal and started
thinking about who should be responsible for maintaining and updating
this information. We also continue to answer user questions from frontdesk at .

Our Outreachy intern Pari did a lot of work on the user issues
spreadsheet (and now in January it's released!).

Relay operators guide
We got a lot of work done on the relay operators guide (#24497 and here
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/TorRelayGuide).

Tor talks
We helped organize a Tor talk at nullcon in Goa, India for 2018.

Library Freedom Institute
LFI applications opened (libraryfreedomproject.org/lfi), and the blog
post went up
https://blog.torproject.org/new-program-turns-librarians-privacy-advocates.

Community governance
We finalized the draft text for the code of conduct proposal (which is
now in the discussion phase on tor-internal@).

Alison attended the Mozilla All-Hands meeting and met the amazing
Diversity and Inclusion team. Got lots of feedback on Tor community
stuff and looked at Mozilla's community participation materials.

Alison Macrina
Community Team Lead
The Tor Project