[tor-project] Crowdsourcing some guidelines for what it means to make a web site "Tor-friendly"

isabela isabela at riseup.net
Tue Jan 2 15:12:09 UTC 2018

Hi Gunner!

Happy 20018!

On 1/1/18 7:11 PM, Allen Gunn wrote:
> Big thanks to GeKo, who first confirmed for me that no such
> documentation seems to exist. And then for helping me to bootstrap this
> page:
>
> https://pad.riseup.net/p/torfriendlysite
>
> I'm writing to ask folks on this list to both add any thoughts you have
> on the matter, and to correct or comment on anything that's already
> there and doesn't seem quite right.
>
> Any contributions, both to the pad or emailed to me directly, are most
> appreciated.
This is great stuff, I added a small comment there too.
As we are redesigning the website and creating new portals the UX team
is following this philosophy as well, it must work on TB high level
security level first, that is our focus. But we haven't put anything on
paper like you did and that is great.

This is not necessary related to building a site that works on Tor, but
more related to building a site related to the Tor Project somehow and
that you would like to follow our guidelines, that Antonela and Hiro has
been working on:

https://styleguide.torproject.org/

Which is a fork of some of bootstrap components with the CSS changed to
follow our guidelines (colors and fonts for instance).

Looking at your pad makes me think that we should add some stuff related
to not only make it looks like is part of the Tor 'brand' but also make
it work at Tor Browser high security level.

thans for sharing,
isabela