[tor-project] HOPE July 20-22

Alison Macrina alison at torproject.org
Wed Feb 21 23:53:32 UTC 2018

On 02/07/2018 11:00 AM, George wrote:
> We are currently in heavy planning for a TPO presence at HOPE in NYC.
> It's a large audience with many currently or potentially interested in
> the project.
>
> The TPO plans include:
>
> * some people replying to the CFP to do presentations on both technical
> and non-technical topics.
>
> * workshops on specific Tor topics.  Topics can be large and small, but
> hands-on is good. Think "how do I install on an Android phone?" or "how
> do i teach others about Tor?"
>
> We queried for a table and "lounge" space where workshops could be held,
> and are awaiting more information.  We are unclear when the CFP closes.
>
> At this point, a good core of TPO people will be attending, but more
> people means more workshops and bodies at the table. We are working out
> a lot of other details, including a Saturday night social event, a
> banner for the table, etc.
>
> We are maintaining a pad at https://pad.riseup.net/p/TorHOPEplanning
>
> Once we find out the status of the table/lounge and CFP closing, we can
> hold another #tor-meeting session and continue finalizing details.
>
> Input/comments requested, including more people interested in tabling,
> presenting or hosting a workshop.

Hi all,

Checking in to say that I haven't heard a word from HOPE regarding when
the CFP closes. So, I think we should just move forward with beginning
to plan talk and workshop contents.

Here's a pad with our ideas from last time:
https://pad.riseup.net/p/ToratHOPE

If you want to be part of a talk or workshop or help us at the booth,
add your name to that item. We'll then coordinate in smaller groups or
in another meeting to get proposals written and create a schedule. Let's
get all of our participants confirmed first.

***Please do this by February 27!!***

Thanks,

Alison