[tor-project] community team January update!

Alison Macrina alison at torproject.org
Wed Feb 14 20:19:38 UTC 2018

Hi Tor folks, check it out:

January 2018 Community Team report

Meeting notes
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/org/teams/CommunityTeam#Cu
rrentTeamDiscussions

Support and translation
Colin worked on fixes for some webml issues with Transifex and the old
website, and continued on translation work for the new support portal.

We added even more content to the soon-to-be-live support portal.

Our Outreachy intern Pari released the January user issues doc:
https://storm.torproject.org/shared/XuN4uMdY0Y6vm6G1vOZs0bx9mmRtq-MpSgKo
a6WSKLJ

Colin has also been working with Localization Lab and the Tor Browser
team to get more languages added to the browser.

Relay operator love
We continued work on the Tor Relay Guide (#24497 and here
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/TorRelayGuide).

We're still working on letters of interest to funders who might want
to help us support growing the network of relays.

Tor talks
Sukhbir gave a Tor talk at the Alternative Law Forum in Bangalore, India
.

Sukhbir gave a Tor talk at the Toronto Public Library in Toronto, Canada
.

Alison gave a Library Freedom Project talk at the University of
Washington in Seattle, USA.

Alison gave a Library Freedom Project talk at Georgetown University in
Washington DC, USA.

A bunch of us worked on plans for the NYC Tor Meetup that will happen
on February 15.

Library Freedom Institute
LFI application recruitment continued through January. We also worked
on drafting the schedule and recruiting guest lecturers.

Tor Meeting
We finalized the location for the end of 2018 Tor Meeting -- Brazil!

We analyzed survey feedback from Montreal to make improvements for the
upcoming Rome meeting, and we did some other prep work for Rome.

Community governance
Discussion of the code of conduct text continues on tor-internal@!

- --
Alison Macrina