[tor-project] Tor Browser meeting December 10, 2018
gk at torproject.org
Mon Dec 10 21:15:00 UTC 2018
Our weekly Tor Browser meeting ended 1 hour ago. The IRC log can be
and the items on our meeting pad are pasted below, for your convenience:
Monday December 10, 2018
- Summary of All Hands Meetings? [GeKo: overall it seems the meeting
went well, there'll be a summary sent to the tbb-dev list I hear]
(afk during meeting)
- helped build the new releases
- some reviews
- fixed #28775 (Add mercurial in tbb-build ansible role)
- added patch for #26843 (Get l10n-changesets.json from
- looked at #28685 (Tor Browser for Android needs a more dynamic
- will be at reproducible builds meeting from tuesday to
thursday: probably not much time tomorrow to help with release publishing.
- on friday/monday: continue work on testsuite, and binutils issue
mcs and brade:
- Thought about bootstrap status reporting and commented in some tor
- #27102 (decouple bootstrap progress numbers from
BOOTSTRAP_STATUS enum values).
- #28281 (outline of high-level bootstrap tracker abstractions).
- Completed several code reviews:
- #25794 (Disable PointerEvents).
- #27290 (WebGL is broken in Tor Browser 8).
- #27919 (Backport SSL status API).
- #28075 (Torbutton WARN: no SOCKS credentials found).
- #28608 (Disable HTTP response throttling by default).
- #28695 (Set BRNameMatchingPolicy to "Enforce").
- #25694 (Improve the user experience of updating Tor Browser).
- updated #25702 patches with feedback (tor-browsesr re-branding)
- patch for #28546 (windows installer rebranding)
- patch for #12885 (remove broken 'jumplists' in tor-browser for
- closed #26280 (blurry app icon in Gnome)
- Mozilla All-Hands, met up with Arthur re: tor browser uplift
- patch for #28809 (update tor-browser-build to allow side-by-side
installation of release, alpha and nightly)
- get back on that #3600 work, ping Steven E about that
storage-api/TPI meeting and see what ideas we can integrate/steal
- patch for #28561 (moving About Tor dialog from tor-button to
- investigate #28810 (separate default tor ports for release, alpha,
and nightly builds)
Ran/attended meetings about:
Canvas fingerprinting and fonts
Other Tor+Mozilla things
Clean up torbutton-as-a-systemaddon patch - #28640
Try backporting patches for Android file/content URI crash - #28705
Start working on new TBA+Orbot UI - #28329
Meeting about next TBA alpha release
- Sat at home last week and missed everyone
- The NSS Version bump landed in esr60; so I will be (trying to)
land build jobs and patches there:
- mingw-gcc x64 build confirmed to run
- mingw-clang build
- x86 and x64 builds confirmed to run
- missing resources backported and confirmed fixed
- --enable-accessibility build works and runs on Windows 10
- did not test an accessibility tool though
is the full patchset for x86/x64 mingw-gcc,
mingw-clang+resourcefix+accessibility on esr60
- Working on security bugs backports:
- Randomize small allocations in jemalloc:
- Backported patch - jemalloc changes a lot since it was
- unit tests pass, running Talos to get an approximation on
- Need to fix a small Windows issue; and manually re-read
patch to confirm it looks sane.
- Arraybuffer Metadata in its own Arena:
- Patches apply fine, unt tests are fine. Need to Talos run
for perf, and double check with reviewer the patch is okay
- I think enabling CFG via mingw-clang would be 'easy' and be
something nice. Haven't tested it yet though.
- I am wondering what is up with #3600; in particular I was hoping
to understand the proposals a bit better...
-a lot of reviews to get stuff into our releases (e.g. #26843,
#28697, #28725, #28573, #28696, #28540, #27762, #28466)
-built releases and started signing (stable is ready and is
getting rsync'ed to dist)
-did the begin-of-the-month admin work
-wrote some smaller patches (#28750, #28747, #28695, #27290,
-worked on Rust enabled in macOS Tor over the weekend (#25779)
-found the missing binutils patch for enabling MOZILLA_OFFICIAL
on 32bit-Windows builds on the weekend, currently testing result (see:
-did some triage for TBA-a3
-worked on the security control redesign (#25658)
-work on related bugs (#27290, #21805)
-help getting releases out
-review of proposals for #3600
-more work on #25658 and related bugs
-Tor Browser design doc update (#25021)
- #28697 - Reusable signing key and fixed timestamps to make apk
- #28696 - Use hard-coded grade repo path to make apk reproducible
- #28764 - OpenSSL Build for Android (in review)
- #27609 - Evaluate Tor Onion Proxy
- #28765 - LibEvent for Android
- #28766 - Tor Build for Android
- Sponsor 8 Q4 report prep
- Roadmap review
- Research into Project Management tools
- More of the same
- Tor Browser Release meeting
- Mozilla All-Hands
- #28329 TBA + Orbot
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 833 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
More information about the tor-project