[tor-project] Decommissioning siv.sunet.se

teor teor at riseup.net
Wed Dec 5 14:46:17 UTC 2018

> On 6 Dec 2018, at 00:07, Linus Nordberg <linus at torproject.org> wrote:
>
> Tom Ritter <tom at ritter.vg> wrote
> Tue, 4 Dec 2018 14:44:04 +0000:
>
>> As of this timestamp maatuska's bwauth is using this server
>> exclusively. Thanks dkg!
>>
>> It sounds like I was the last user of siv, so Linus, feel free to decommission!
>
> Thanks Tom, thanks dkg!
>
> I see a ~40% decline in incoming requests the last 15h.
> Seems likely that there's another bandwidth scanner using siv.
>
> I'm shutting down the web server now to see if anyone reacts. Can bring
> it up again within short notice, for yet some time.

Tor ignores stale bandwidth files after 3 days:
https://github.com/torproject/tor/blob/master/src/feature/dirauth/bwauth.h#L45

So we'll be able to see who is still using siv on Saturday:
https://consensus-health.torproject.org/#bwauthstatus

I don't think torflow sends scanner info in its requests.
But sbws will soon:
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/28741#ticket