[tor-project] Decommissioning siv.sunet.se

teor teor at riseup.net
Wed Dec 5 14:29:25 UTC 2018

> On 5 Dec 2018, at 10:30, Vasilis <andz at torproject.org> wrote:
>
> juga:
>> Vasilis:
>>> I also made an ansible role that deploys sbws running as a user and uses Caddy
>>> as its webserver, the role can be found here:
>>> https://github.com/anadahz/sbws-ansible
>>>
>> Thanks for this work.
>> The ansible role can be useful for installing test servers.
>> The recommended way to install sbws to be used by a directory authority
>> is the Debian package [0].

Hmm, that's not quite true.

Some directory authority operators don't run Debian, so they can't install
Debian packages. (alien might work for some other Linuxes.)

More precisely, the existing bandwidth authorities run on Debian, because
Torflow needs to be patched to run on non-Linux OSes.

> In fact when I started building this role I was installing sbws from the Debian
> package  but then I realized that a number of developments where not in the
> package.

sbws 1.0.2 is in Debian.

We've delayed 1.0.3 until we fix some critical sbws bugs that are blocking
deployment on more bandwidth authorities.

> The role can be adjusted to install sbws from the Debian package and I
> can add support to install it from the Debian package if there is interest.

Sounds like a good idea.