[tor-project] Tor Browser team meeting notes, 20 Aug 2018
gk at torproject.org
Tue Aug 21 09:44:00 UTC 2018
We had another Tor Browser meeting yesterday. The IRC log can be found at:
And here are the notes from our pad:
Tor Browser Meeting Notes
Monday August 20, 2018
-tommy: Tor Browser for small businesses
-reminder: sessions for Mexico
- Mozilla viewport size quantization: https://bugzil.la/1407366
- viewport fingerprinting for mobile (igt0: I know sysrqb opened a
bug, I wonder if we fix it for mobile, it will make the sites terrible)
(GeKo: That's #27083. Let's discuss the drawbacks/improvements compared
to our current solution there, in general I think mobile is no
mcs and brade:
- Finished #26514 (intermittent updater failures on Win64).
- Worked on desktop onboarding:
- Updated our patches for #26961 (new user onboarding).
- Updated out patches for #27082 (enable a limited UITour).
- Worked on #26962 (new feature onboarding).
- Answered updater questions for #25485 (libstdc++.so.6: version
`CXXABI_1.3.11' not found).
- Sent Alison some ideas for the Mexico City meeting agenda.
- Helped with triage of incoming bugs.
- Continue working on #26962 (new feature onboarding).
- Scope the work and determine what we have time to implement for
#25694 (Improve the user experience of updating Tor Browser).
- Review our notes from #22074 (undocumented bugs since FF52esr) and
file additional tickets if necessary.
- After the Tor Browser nightly builds include the network team's
fix for #26876, do some testing for #26251 (Adapt macOS snowflake
compilation to new toolchain).
-release preparations and release help
-helped with mobile reviews and testing (we are close!!)
-help with the mobile release where needed
-monitoring our blog etc. for 8.0a10 fallout
-trying to finish network code review
-starting to the Tails summit on Saturday
-planning the work for remaining two weeks before 8.0 hits the
-igt0, sysrqb, sisbell: should we get together to plan the
post-first-tba work? (GeKo: the decision was, yes, maybe later this week
after the alpha is out)
-reminder: please do your daily status updates on #tor-dev (/me
status: fixing everything)
-pospeselr: it seems #26450 fell through the cracks? Was that
ready for review again after my initial pass? (GeKo: no, all is good)
- Release preparations for first alpha version of TBA
- Reviewed #25696 - Android onboarding
- Reviewed #26884 - torbutton on android
- Clarified #26314 - Mobile TB landing page
- Attended RustConf
- Started creating Android signing key for Alpha release(s) - #26536
- Revised Android permissions - #24796
- Worked more on Investigating Account Manager patch - #26858
- First TBA Alpha release
- Finish #26858
- Bug fixing...
- Finished audit of HTTP2/AltSvc (#14952)
- Finished audit of User Timing API (#26598)
- Patches for "Add ca, ga, id, is, nb locales for Tor Browser" (#27129)
- Patched "UI locale is detectable by button width" (#24056)
- Patch for "Add new Tor Browser locales to our website" (#27151)
- Reviewed #26456, #26833, #26628, #26655
- Met with the Tor Uplift team
- Updated https://torpat.ch/locales and https://torpat.ch/support-locales
- More fingerprinting protections for ff60-esr
- Review https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1333933 for
- Any patch reviews needed
- Optimistic SOCKS? (GeKo: that won't be in 8.0 as we need more
testing than our schedule provides. It's therefore not high prio but we
should work on it during our 8.5 dev time)
- fixed some testsuite tickets:
- #27133: update useragent string in fp_navigator, useragent
and settings tests
- #27122: fix slider_settings tests
- made patch for #25485 (replace firefox by a wrapper script)
and tested it
- made patch for #27178 (add support for xz compression in mar
- helped build and publish 8.0a10 release
- continue working on #27105 (Fix Tor Browser testsuite for
esr60) and subtickets
- look at #12968 (HEASLR)
PSA: I'm planning to be afk from 2018-09-06 to 2018-09-10, just
after 8.0 release
- Did several UX iterations on #25696 (On boarding)
- Fixed issues in the #26884 (sec settings)
- Iterated again in the about:tor for mobile(I am trying to
avoid to change lot of gecko code)
- Reviewed some code
- Finish about:tor (#27111) (I am testing in on tablets)
- Update XPInstall to bypass the addons signature checks
- #26874 (smb leak) uplift (was actually a bug introduced by another
Mozilla patch, so they're handling it)
- reviewed boklm's #27045 [boklm: can you post the logs from the
error you get? pospeselr: done!]
- rustconf on the 16th and 17th, successfully indoctrinated into the
cult of rust
- a bit of investigation into #26381 (about:tor page not loading
properly in localized windows bundle)
- continue #26381 investigation
Attended RustConf on 16-17
Created program to parse android dev file. Found indexes on class
annotations differ between builds.
Parse data sections of dex file to get more info on deltas between
- #26476 (Windows crash): still investigating, doing log comparison
now between TC and tor-browser builds
- Looking at #24465 (Snowflake bundle libatomic; revision) and
- Merged #27152 (fxc2 update; small change)
- Continue the above tasks
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 833 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
More information about the tor-project