[tor-project] July Communications Report

George george at queair.net
Fri Aug 10 17:52:00 UTC 2018

Tom Ritter:
> On 8 August 2018 at 12:49, Stephanie A. Whited <steph at torproject.org> wrote:
>> We had a booth the whole weekend and were cleaned out of shirts for
>> donations in a few hours.
>
> How many shirts was that?
>
> Oh wait I guess you're at defcon now. Have fun!

I know you've been to HOPE, Tom, but what became clear is that it's the
type of event we can have a very large and significant presence at.

We only did one informal workshop (running a relay) which pulled in
almost 15 people, and had a great discussion.

It goes without saying TPO has a lot of recognition, but the sky is the
limit in terms of tshirts and swag we can distribute for donations. We
*really* need to scout out more creative swag ideas, particularly
smaller and more portable ones.  Unless for the next HOPE we budget in a
van and warehouse space for stephw :)

The table discussions varied greatly, with that larger community being
accessible.. those we don't know personally or even on-list.

Of course we all got a bit side-tracked with the alt-right interventions...

34A6 0A1F F8EF B465 866F F0C5 5D92 1FD1 ECF6 1682