[tor-project] Notes from April 26 2018 Vegas team meeting

Karsten Loesing karsten at torproject.org
Fri Apr 27 06:54:33 UTC 2018

Notes for April 26 2018 meeting:

Arturo:
1) We established a partnership with The Advocates for Human Rights and
Democracy (TAHURID) in South Sudan:
https://twitter.com/OpenObservatory/status/988695263274586112
2) We published a short documentary on internet censorship in Cuba:
https://ooni.torproject.org/post/parknet-short-documentary-cuba/
3) We hosted the OONI April Community Meeting:
http://meetbot.debian.net/ooni/2018/ooni.2018-04-24-13.59.html
4) Progress on OONI Orchestra development

isabela:
1) done with sponsor4 final reports - sent to Sue to create our final
invoice
2) working on sponsor8 Q1 report (due may day)
3) afk tomorrow (friday 27 for doc) and off on may day
4) Community Liaison candidates interview
5) preparing for cryptorave talk (and 2 other activities we are doing there)
6) working on .onion otf proposal due may first
7) sent network speed tests for the week
8) met with brave about their feature that makes it possible for an user
to open a private tab and have a connection to tor on that tab
9) dealt w/ noise from ED announcement :D

Shari:
1) talked to lots of folks about ED transition
2) did four interviews for new Community Liaison position.
3) reviewing onion services grant proposal for OTF
4) started to work on job description for fundraising director but got
distracted; I'm determined to finish it by next week!
5) crafted emails for Sue to send asking for reimbursement for Rome meeting
6) finally made travel arrangements for a couple of trips in May and
June (RightsCon, NYC, and quick trip to SF for EFF board meeting)
7) still haven't done expense reports for last two trips. :( Gonna try
to get those done by next week, too.
8) meeting planning stuff; we're close to deciding on a hotel

Alison:
1) did interviews for the community liaison position
2) Library Freedom Institute curriculum and other planning -- we start
in a little more than one month! If anyone is interested in reviewing my
curriculum I'd love to share it with you
3) Mexico City invite list update
4) organizing the Mexico City meeting timeline
5) working on community portal slides with great feedback from Tor people
6) still no word from HOPE, but I think other people have heard from them?

Steph:
1) newsletter out today
2) published ED news, sent to press
3) answering front desk / press
4) published a post on new interns Tommy and Colin put together
5) Def Con: anyone interested to present? deadline may 1. talk about
mitigating the ddos? if not, I think we will just have a booth/table in
the privacy village to talk to folks, answer questions, get donations
for swag. Roger and I will be there. Anyone else?
6) trademark issue

Mike:
1) Conversation with brave

Georg:
1) helped with Sponsor4 reporting, it seems we have survived that
sponsor as well, yay!
2) participated in conversation with Brave folks

Karsten:
1) Made some good progress on Sponsor 13 deliverables.

Nick:
1) Racing to 0.3.4-freeze on may 15.
2) 0.3.3 is in RC. Make sure we know about must-fix bugs.