[tor-project] Community Team -- August report

Alison Macrina alison at torproject.org
Wed Sep 13 15:06:00 UTC 2017

Here are the highlights of the Community Team's work in August 2017:

August 2017 Community Team report

Meeting notes August 2017
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/org/teams/CommunityTeam#CurrentTeamDiscussions

Tor Meeting planning
We're still soliciting agenda items for the Montreal meeting. If you
haven't submitted your ideas yet, please add them to the meeting wiki
that was linked in your invitation. We'll share out a draft agenda
sometime in the next few weeks.

Phoul has also been planning a relay operators meetup for the Montreal
meeting.

Support portal/support wiki
We had a support wiki sprint and added tons of new material to the
support wiki:
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/org/teams/CommunityTeam/Support

Community documents
We finished the proposal period for the contributor/membership
guidelines document, which went up for a vote in September.

Library Freedom Project
LFP won a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services to
create an intensive privacy training program for librarians over the
next two years.

We're also working on a website redesign.

Speakers bureau
Sukhe gave a talk at the Greater Toronto Area Linux User Group (GTALUG).
Next month he'll give a number of Tor talks in India.

Phoul appeared on a privacy and security podcast:
https://privacy-training.com/podcast.html.

The community and communications teams began organizing some speaker
training sessions for members of the speakers bureau.

Tshirt requests
We continue to handle all the tshirt requests!

Next up: still more Tor Montreal meeting planning, reopening the code of
conduct proposal, finishing outstanding items on support wiki, thinking
of new places to

Thanks for reading!

--
Alison Macrina