[tor-project] Tor powers digital resistance with help from Mozilla

Cristian Consonni cristian at balist.es
Tue Oct 24 20:15:51 UTC 2017

Hi,

On 24/10/2017 16:15, Tommy Collison wrote:
> Today, we’re launching our end-of-year crowdfunding campaign,
> highlighting the ways that Tor powers digital resistance and protects
> essential human rights around the world. We’re especially excited about
> this campaign because our friends at Mozilla are matching donations up
> to $500,000, meaning that donations go twice as far.
>
> More info (and links to donate) are on our blog:
> https://blog.torproject.org/powering-digital-resistance-help-mozilla
>
> Tor’s done amazing work in 2017, and I’m proud of what we’ve achieved.
> This crowdfunding campaign is an opportunity to start 2018 strong (and
> to get some awesome swag -- check out https://donate.torproject.org/).

Thanks for the campaign, it is neat! (I have also received earlier today
an email inviting me to donate)

> So, please donate if you can. If you can’t right now, please spread the
> word about this campaign. Tell your friends that, because of Mozilla’s
> matching program, there's never been a better time to donate to our
> favorite anonymity network.

I would like to have a clarification. Does this campaign have a
deadline? In other words, is Mozilla going to match all donations made
until the threshold of 500k USD is reached (whenever that may be) or
they will match all the donation "made until $DATE up to 500k USD"?.

Thanks for your awesome work.

Cristian