[tor-project] Notes from October 19 2017 Vegas team meeting

Arturo Filastò art at torproject.org
Sun Oct 22 10:39:30 UTC 2017

On 22 October 2017 at 12:23:41, Christian Pietsch (christian.pietsch at digitalcourage.de) wrote:
On 21 October 2017 at 22:14:25, John Gilmore (gnu at toad.com) wrote:
> Arturo:
> 2) We are migrating our email from runbox to GSuite

Can you please provide more details on this plan?

1. This is pertaining just to the OONI email servers. That is all emails sent to @openobservatory.org

2. Previously we were paying another service to run our email (runbox.com), it ended up being too expensive for us to pay for that service and had reliability issues.

3. We are eligible for the GSuite non-profit plan so it made sense to switch over to using that service.

4. We are a very small development team that maintains already **many** software components and services, email is not a service that we want to take on maintaining and hosting ourselves as we simply don’t have the resources for it.

Have a nice Sunday!

~ Arturo