[tor-project] Notes from October 19 2017 Vegas team meeting

John Gilmore gnu at toad.com
Sat Oct 21 19:49:33 UTC 2017

> Arturo:
> 2) We are migrating our email from runbox to GSuite

Really?  The anti-censorship team is putting all their email into the
mass surveillance system of the current Internet marketing champion,
Google, who has charmingly convinced everyone they are Santa Claus?

I keep waiting for Google to announce its high priced detective
service, that will tell you everything the target is doing, in
realtime, and with fully detailed history.  They're keeping all the
data to be able to do it.  They have to be doing it under sealed
subpoenas and court orders already.  So when can I buy it, e.g. to see
what my favorite federal bureacrats are doing?  cf: The Transparent
Society by David Brin.

	John