[tor-project] Hosting opportunity for open source projects

Nima Fatemi nima at riseup.net
Sun Oct 15 02:52:00 UTC 2017

Damian Johnson:
> Thanks Nima! I chatted with the OSU folks too a couple years back about
> relay and infrastructure hosting. Definitely a neat opportunity if a
> project can make use of their help.

Or even better than that, maybe we can use it for what Tom has asked for
on "Cloud Compute Resources for Tor Browser" thread. Maybe instead of
images as he mentioned in that email, we can have ansible scripts?

I feel like we have a lot more needs in infrastructure and hosting than
just running relays. I'd be more comfortable if running relays would be
entirely left to the community. This is based on the assumption that
getting free infra from Open Source Lab requires some organization level
involvement. One of the Googlers said that Google is one of the funders
of that project, so I'm guessing we're going to have more chance of
approval if we say we're going to use it for GSoC.

Cheers,
--
Nima
0X58C4B928A3E218F6 | @mrphs

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right
to say it" --Evelyn Beatrice Hall