[tor-project] Cease and Desist: Copyright Infringement.

Yawning Angel yawning at schwanenlied.me
Wed Oct 11 22:22:44 UTC 2017

Dear Mr. Nathan Freitas,

It has come to my attention that you have made an unauthorized use of
my copyrighted work entitled obfs4proxy (the "Work") in the preparation
of a work derived therefrom. I have reserved all rights in the Work,
which was first published on 2014.

Your work entitled Orbot, which appears as a binary distribution
available on the Google Play store and F-Droid contains a copy of
the Work, without including copies of the Work's copyright notice,
conditions, and disclaimer as set out in the Work's software
license.

Therefore, I believe you have willfully infringed my rights under 17
U.S.C. Section 101 et seq. and could be liable for statutory damages as
high as $150,000 as set forth in Section 504(c)(2) therein.

I demand that you either comply with the terms set forth in the
Work's software LICENSE, or immediately cease the use and distribution
of all infringing works derived from the Work, and all copies,
including electronic copies, of same.  And furthermore that you desist
from this or any other infringement of my rights in the future.

If I have not received an affirmative response from you by October
17th, 2017 indicating that you have fully complied with these
requirements, I shall consider taking any and all legal remedies
available to rectify this situation at any time without further notice
to you.  This letter is without prejudice to my rights and claims,
which are expressly reserved.

Sincerely yours,

Yawning Angel