[tor-project] reducing spam on bad-relays@?

nusenu nusenu-lists at riseup.net
Tue Nov 28 21:11:00 UTC 2017

Damian Johnson:
> Hi nusenu. David is listed as the maintainer of bad-relays@ [1] so
> this is a question for him.

I did not send it to him only because I assumed that there are some
improvement options that do not rely on the moderator only (mailserver).

> Generally speaking the choice is simply:
> should all new senders go to a moderation queue or not.

I believe there are more options than that.

https://www.reading.ac.uk/internal/its/help/its-help-email/mailmanspam.aspx
https://wiki.list.org/DOC/Mailman%202.1%20List%20Administrators%20Manual#Sender_filters

You could
* whitelist all email addresses that are subscribed to any lists.tpo list
* tell mailman about spam headers (if you have any)
* moderate the rest that never send a valid email to the list

From looking at the past emails I expect that the average
moderated/delayed valid email will be <=1 per month while ~15 spam
emails per month would not reach the list.

--
https://mastodon.social/@nusenu
twitter: @nusenu_