[tor-project] Support team: changes in meek-amazon that may affect users

Mike Tigas mike at tig.as
Wed Nov 1 22:40:33 UTC 2017

On 11/1/17 14:54, David Fifield wrote:
> Today at 18:10 UTC I turned off the CDN endpoint formerly used by
> meek-amazon. Tor Browser switched away from this endpoint 7 months ago
> (https://bugs.torproject.org/21918), but Orbot only recently switched.
> Just before I turned it off, the endpoint was still being heavily used,
> so it's possible that some users will have been suddenly disconnected.

Onion Browser migrated to the new meek-amazon bridge in 1.7.5 (week of
May 21, 2017), shorty after the change landed in Tor Browser.
https://github.com/mtigas/OnionBrowser/commit/6ec0fdfcb5f44573a5f2a91b1850cea5e02ffbf2

Affected users should upgrade to Onion Browser 1.7.5 or newer to
continue to use meek-amazon.

(AFAIK, any iOS device that can run a version of Onion Browser with
pluggable transports support -- landed in 1.6.0 in August 2016, iOS 8 or
later required -- can upgrade to 1.7.5 or newer.)

I know Onion Browser isn't in the purview of the Tor Project support
team, but just putting this out there in case y'all get any inquiries
related to this.

Cheers,

--
Mike Tigas