[tor-project] We killed the User Experience component - how to use #ux-team tag

iry iry at riseup.net
Fri May 26 05:58:41 UTC 2017

Linda Naeun Lee:
> Hello all,

Hi Linda!

> The purpose of the UX team is to work with all teams at Tor to help
> them build great user experience for their projects. The previous
> work that the UX team has done also reflects this--evaluating the
> Tor launcher interface,

That is awesome! I have been working on a Python-clone of the Tor
launcher. And I really need your solid research finding as a reference
to design it.

> We will triage tickets with the #ux-team tag every Tuesday at 1500
> UTC time on #tor-project. There, we will evaluate if those issues
> are indeed something we can help with and give you an answer of
> what's next.

That is great! I just opened two tickets that I would like to listen
to your opinions and insights:

Tor launcher third-party censorship circumvention tools support:

Usablity and accessiblity improvement on the Tor assistant page:

I will join #tor-project discussion on Tuesday but feel free to share
whatever you want before that. This will benefit the project I have
been working on a lot.

> if we missed one, please tag it with the #ux-team tag!

I added the keyword in this ticket, feel free to delete it if this is
not what you want: https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/21951

Thank you so much for your great work and effort, Linda! I am looking
forward to a further cooperation with you!

Best,
iry