[tor-project] Notes from May 18 2017 Vegas team meeting

Karsten Loesing karsten at torproject.org
Mon May 22 09:14:11 UTC 2017

Notes for May 18 2017 meeting:

Nick:
1) UX discussions seem to be confusing on our end; requirements still
unclear. Progress being made, though.
2) 0.3.0.7 released, 0.3.1.1-alpha coming soon. Freeze in effect.
3) My house now has enough AC for me to work.
4) Initial rust support branch is looking pretty nice
5) Going to work, per arma's suggestion, on cleaning up tor-core
security issue policy. Anybody else interested in adopting it?

Mike:
1) Working on Guard proposal and meeting agenda
2) Padding work
3) Conference with Mozilla about IoT
4) Figuring out several upcoming travel arrangement

Alison:
1) Not able to make it; teaching a workshop.

Arturo:
1) Quite some progress done on the orchestration system. Now the web
admin panel has ability to login, add scheduled measurements, list
clients and list scheduled jobs:
https://github.com/TheTorProject/proteus/pull/2.
2) Updated the Iranian testing list:
https://github.com/citizenlab/test-lists/pull/161
3) We released a new version of ooniprobe-mobile that is now out on the
stores supporting Arabic, Farsi, Russian, Greek and supporting
http-header-field-manipulation.

Georg:
1) Tor Browser 7.0a4 got out; there are about 2-3 weeks left to get Tor
Browser 7.0 into stable shape
2) Attended SIF17

Karsten:
1) Released metrics-lib 1.7.0, made plans for releasing 1.8.0, maybe
1.9.0, and 2.0.0 in the next six weeks.
2) Making plans for completing improvements to in-memory statistics
without breaking them.

Shari:
1) board meeting and followup
2) making appointments with foundation funders
3) interviewing and resume review for communications directors
4) getting ready for Tommy to start next week; lining up initial assignments
5) researching strategic planners