[tor-project] Community Team report - April 2017

Alison alison at torproject.org
Thu May 4 18:23:00 UTC 2017

Hi all,

Here are the meetbot logs for the last two community team meetings,
which covered our work in April:

http://meetbot.debian.net/tor-project/2017/tor-project.2017-04-19-18.01.log.txt

http://meetbot.debian.net/tor-project/2017/tor-project.2017-05-03-18.02.log.txt

Here is what we've been working on in April:

- Members of the Community Team conducted trainings or gave Tor
presentations for Political Research Associates (US), University of
Michigan (US), Tennessee Library Association (US), Open Data Camp (India)

- Derecho Digitales submitted a proposal to OTF for their Tor
relay/public awareness/workshops/training campaign in Latin America.
They are in discussions with NoiseTor to help with this campaign as well.

- Support portal meetings now happen every Monday with members of the UX
and Community Teams. The Community Team's current priority for the
portal is creating all the q&a content. View our progress or help us out
here: https://gitweb.torproject.org/support-portal.git/tree/plain.

- We are in the early ideas phase of planning for the Outreach Portal,
which will be another component of the website redesign. This page will
include things like training materials, and outreach calendar, and
information for relay operators.

- We are making a list of Transifex contributors to send them tshirts!

- We officially ratified the Social Contract:
https://gitweb.torproject.org/community/policies.git/tree/social_contract.txt.

- We collected and reviewed feedback from the Tor Meeting in Amsterdam.

- We worked on preliminary planning for a future Tor Meeting to take
place in the Global South. So far, most of the ideas for locations are
in Latin/South America.

- There are now two public channels for discussion of Tor outreach in
the Global South: tor-south at lists.torproject.org and #tor-south on IRC
in OFTC.

- We are writing two grants: one for Global South outreach, and one for
Library Freedom Project.
--
Alison Macrina
Community Team Lead