[tor-project] Tor project's use of Mailman

Jan Jancar johny at neuromancer.sk
Sat Mar 25 13:09:37 UTC 2017

On 03/24/2017 06:52 PM, Silvia [Hiro] wrote:
> Hi Jan
>
> Thanks for your proposal. As teor mentioned, at the moment we are just
> finished implementing Schleuder
> (https://0xacab.org/schleuder/schleuder). Schleuder is a mailing list
> manager using GPG/PGP that supports resending. It hooks with postfix and
> basically acts as a man in the middle. This means that if you want to
> send an encrypted email to all the subscribers of the mailing list you
> setup a Schleuder list, encrypt with the key of the list, and Schleuder
> will take care to decrypt and encrypt a message for each and everyone of
> the participants with their keys.
>
> At the moment we do not have any features request for Schleuder that we
> would like to implement. Maybe you would like to have a look at all our
> other projects
> (https://www.torproject.org/getinvolved/volunteer.html.en) and find
> something that you might think it is interesting?

I think there was a bit of a misunderstanding here, GNU Mailman takes
part in this year's GSoC through Python Software Foundation and their
(only) project idea is: Encrypted mailing lists. I was asking on this
mailing list mainly because I think Tor project's mailing list use kind
of fits what I'm designing and having feedback from current users of
encrypted mailing lists helps.

What I'm proposing for Mailman is quite similar to Schleuder. For main
differences see my reply to teor. Since you said you don't have feature
requests for Schleuder a similar implementation in Mailman should work
for similar use cases. Thanks!

-Jan