[tor-project] U.S. border crossing guide

Griffin Boyce griffin at cryptolab.net
Mon Mar 20 17:00:23 UTC 2017

Moritz Bartl wrote:
> Nathan Freitas wrote:
>>> https://www.bamsoftware.com/writing/mia-cbp.html
>> "Cool that Google gets a list of people detained by DHS."
>
> I find it even more interesting that the requests were coming from a
> DHS
> IP range. I wonder if they still do that.
>
> Oh what games one could play with this ...

   The part of my brain that loves mischief is like "Nice" :D

   But on a more serious/on-topic note, I am leaving my personal
phone/laptops/tech in a secured space that isn't my apartment.  Given
the high amount of border... uh, "weirdness" of late, it seems prudent
to only take my travel phone (emptied, €40), a kindle, a cheap demo
laptop (also empty), and a couple of USB sticks.  This is my first
overseas trip post-Trump, so this might be a bit over the top compared
to the actual danger (loss of devices).

~Griffin