[tor-project] Arranging new default obfs4 bridges

Matt Traudt sirmatt at ksu.edu
Sat Mar 11 04:00:37 UTC 2017

On 03/09/2017 06:24 AM, David Fifield wrote:
> In November 2016 there was a discussion on the tor-team list about
> adding some new default obfs4 bridges (Subject: Coordinating to run high
> capacity obfs4 bridges). The thread turned into a discussion about the
> same entity running both bridges and exits, and didn't go anywhere.
>
> We haven't added any new obfs4 bridges, or changed the port number of
> any existing bridges, since January 2017 (Tor Browser 6.5 and 7.0a1). I
> suspect that the 20 existing default bridges are still under high load
> and we could stand to have some more bridges to help share it. Are we
> still interested in adding new obfs4 bridges? If so, do we have any
> leads on who could run them?

I've expressed interest in the past about running default obfs4 bridges
and am still willing to do so.

I'd like to hold off actually setting them up till its close to the time
that Tor Browser will integrate them. I hear it's better for the default
bridges to not advertise and I'd rather they didn't sit paid for but
idle for too long.

You can find me on IRC as pastly.

Matt