[tor-project] Arranging new default obfs4 bridges

teor teor2345 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 11:27:33 UTC 2017

> On 9 Mar 2017, at 22:24, David Fifield <david at bamsoftware.com> wrote:
>
> In November 2016 there was a discussion on the tor-team list about
> adding some new default obfs4 bridges (Subject: Coordinating to run high
> capacity obfs4 bridges). The thread turned into a discussion about the
> same entity running both bridges and exits, and didn't go anywhere.
>
> We haven't added any new obfs4 bridges, or changed the port number of
> any existing bridges, since January 2017 (Tor Browser 6.5 and 7.0a1). I
> suspect that the 20 existing default bridges are still under high load
> and we could stand to have some more bridges to help share it. Are we
> still interested in adding new obfs4 bridges? If so, do we have any
> leads on who could run them?

Team Cymru and Mozilla recently asked how they could help out.
(Cymru hosts a directory authority, I don't know whether either run
exits.)

John Ricketts volunteered, but he runs (about 6% of) exits.

Tim Wilson-Brown (teor)

teor2345 at gmail dot com
ricochet:ekmygaiu4rzgsk6n
xmpp: teor at torproject dot org