[tor-project] [important] Trac usage and alternatives survey

Alexander Færøy ahf at 0x90.dk
Wed Mar 8 13:16:44 UTC 2017

On 2 March 2017 at 18:37, Silvia [Hiro] <hiro at torproject.org> wrote:
> The idea of the survey is to identify what we actually need from a ticketing/wiki tool and eventually identify a solution that has all that we want (or that we can work with).

Hello Silvia.

Thank you for doing this work!

One feature that I've noticed I'm missing while working with Tor is
the ability to have patches run on various buildbot/CI systems before
I request review from another developer. While we do not have a
unified review tool right now, I'd like this to be considered for such
a tool if possible :-)

This allows me to verify that my changes doesn't break compilation and
our `make check` test-suites on platforms that I might not have easily
available to me in my daily work. Additionally it ensures that I don't
waste other people's time asking them to review stuff that might need
multiple fix-up commits after the patches land in the repository to
keep our tree green :-)

Cheers,
Alex.

--