[tor-project] Update from Tor's Community Council

Matthew Finkel matthew.finkel at gmail.com
Tue Jun 27 05:01:02 UTC 2017

On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 12:40:19AM +0200, Jens Kubieziel wrote:

> Hi friends,

Hi Jens, Council,

> I am writing on behalf of the Community Council with some updates.
>
> We wanted to be in touch and let folks know what we have been up to
> since the recent election.

Thanks!

> We have had several meetings with the new Council (Alison, qbi, Linda,
> Hiro, Gunner). We are enjoying working together.
>
> In the near term, we are prioritizing the drafting of policies and
> procedures for the Council.
>
> Our plan is to draft these sequentially and then ask for community input
> once we think specific policies and procedures are ready for feedback.

This is great. Can you give us a hint as to which policy and/or procedure
you started working on?

> Procedures we are drafting include case handling, Council operations
> (e.g. when and how we meet), and Council elections.

And can you clarify what you mean by "Council elections"? Isn't this already
described in the voting procedures we voted on earlier this year?

> Policies we are drafting include conflict of interest, operational
> security (in particular what we store and where), and confidentiality
> (what is and is not confidential).

Thanks for working on these important documents.

- Matt