[tor-project] Update from Tor's Community Council

Roger Dingledine arma at mit.edu
Mon Jun 26 23:13:22 UTC 2017

On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 12:40:19AM +0200, Jens Kubieziel wrote:
> We welcome anyone interested to reach out to any or all Council members
> if you have input, questions or concerns you would like to share

Thanks Jens! I was thinking about this topic recently in the context of
some other policies I was helping to draft, where some folks wanted to
put in guidance for how the community council should approach problems,
and I pushed back mostly because guidance for the community council
didn't make sense in those particular policy documents.

But it made me think that it would be great to have the new council take
some notes for itself, for us, and for future councils, about how it
approaches problems. Not to make those notes force the same behavior on
future councils (or even on this council in future decisions), but so
we can start accumulating a body of knowledge of how things have gone
(including what worked and what didn't) in the past.

Otherwise we end up in the situation where a few people remember how
things used to be, which means access to that information is not as
widespread as it could be, and also their memories diverge over time.

It sounds like you have thought of all of this too, so, great. :) Let
us know how we can help.

--Roger