[tor-project] oniongit update

teor teor2345 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 31 00:48:03 UTC 2017

> On 20 Jul 2017, at 03:19, Silvia [Hiro] <hiro at torproject.org> wrote:
>
> Hey everyone,
> I just wanted to send a quick update regarding oniongit and gitlab in
> general.

> Please let me know if you'd like to have an account on oniongit or if
> you'd like to report any problems that you have found.

A cypherpunks just complained that oniongit.eu requires JavaScript:

https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/22542#comment:15

I tested this on gitlab.com (I don't have an oniongit account), and it
is impossible to use GitLab without JavaScript on. (I can log in, but
2FA doesn't work, and neither does the issue tracker.)

Do we want to make everyone who uses our bug tracker use JavaScript?

Are there other ways that people can interact with oniongit.eu that
don't require JavaScript?

Is this a show-stopper for anyone?

I would prefer to avoid JavaScript personally, but not so much that I
would stop using the platform. But it concerns me that we would be
excluding a significant number of people.

Trac works fine without JavaScript, and only uses JavaScript to add
a few features (like duplicate issue searches, smarter component
selection, and mass ticket editing).

Tim Wilson-Brown (teor)

teor2345 at gmail dot com
ricochet:ekmygaiu4rzgsk6n